Working at a grocery store can be the best career for you after a felony. Have you ever wondered does Safeway recruit felons?
This article can help you get a job at Safeway with a felony if you want to work on your feet and assist customers in a grocery store. The post will discuss the following questions:
- About Safeway
- Does Safeway Recruit Felons?
- Do Safeway conduct background checks?
- How to Get a Job at Safeway if You Have a Felony
Safeway – An Introduction about the Company
Safeway is a grocery store chain with locations primarily in the United States. They have a large selection of products from a range of manufacturers. They also have a generic brand known as Signature Select.
M.B. Skaggs, a man from Idaho, created Safeway in 1915. It all began when he bought his father’s grocery store. It was created on the principle of offering exceptional value to its clients.
Safeway has over 1300 locations in 35 states and is one of the largest employers in the United States, with estimated 100,000 employees.
Benefits for Safeway retail workers vary by location. Vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage are examples of possible benefits. Employees who work part-time may also be eligible for benefits.
Retail employees at Safeway have different benefits depending on where they work. Vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage are examples of possible benefits. Employees who work part-time are also eligible for benefits.
When asked what they like about working at Safeway, people often mentioned the work environment and the ability to work on their own schedule.
Does Safeway Recruit Felons?
Now moving to the most important question, does Safeway recruit felons? According to our analysis, Safeway will recruit people who have committed specific offenses. People who have been charged with stealing, for example, are unlikely to get recruited.
With the exception of theft, Safeway does not discriminate against traffic tickets or non-violent felonies. It’s always worth a shot, as most people with various types of convictions are hired.
Getting a Job at Safeway – Are there any background checks?
Many web resources used to get this solution, and they all arrived at the same result. Yes, they run a basic background check to see whether they have any criminal records.
The background check will be comparable to what most businesses do. Furthermore, the check said to take up to a few weeks to complete once it started.
How to Get a Job at Safeway after a Felony?
Hopefully, you now have the answer to the question does Safeway recruit felons. It’s now time to figure out how to find a job there.
So you think Safeway might be a wonderful fit for you, but you’re not sure how to get recruited. Then this post will walk you through the Safeway application and interview process.
The first thing you should do is fill out their online application. To do so, go to their careers page, select a location, and look for an open position that matches your qualifications.
You’ll then list any previous work experience, job titles, and dates of employment. If you have a resume, it’s a good idea to keep it handy, so you can fill it out correctly.
If you’re seeking a pharmaceutical job, provide any relevant certificates or training, as well as dates and the certifying organization and state.
So you’ve sent in your application and received a response. Congratulations! Here are some interviewing tips for Safeway:
- Arrive ten to fifteen minutes early. You want to demonstrate to the firm that you are reliable and dedicated to your job.
- Dress in a business-casual manner. It doesn’t have to be extravagant; simply nice. Hide any tattoos and remove any piercings until you learn more about the company’s tattoo and piercing policies.
- During the interview, mention any relevant abilities, talents, or experience, as well as where you learned them. Have you ever worked for a competitor for grocery shops like Kroger, Marsh, or Winn Dixie, for example? You could discuss your work experience with these companies as well as the skills you gained. Say for example learning how to use a cash register.
- Did you learn how to stock while in prison by working in the commissary? Tell them how this helped you develop your ability to deal with difficult consumers.
- Also, as usual, be open and honest about your past experiences. They don’t ask about it on the application, but they will conduct a history check, so it’s best to be honest while you still have the opportunity.