Navigating the job market with a criminal record can be challenging, but there are encouraging signs of inclusivity in unexpected places. Warehousing, a sector known for its diverse range of job opportunities, is increasingly providing positions for individuals with a felony history. In this article, we will explore felony-friendly warehouse job openings available highlighting three to four promising opportunities.
Job Opening Details:
Indeed currently features several warehouse job opportunities that welcome individuals with a felony background. Here are a few positions that caught our attention, each offering a chance for personal and professional growth.
Warehouse Attendant – Morrison Healthcare
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Conveys materials from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Place materials/goods on racks, shelves and bins or in refrigerated rooms according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves; conveys orders to the packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within the plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Uses a computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items or to pick up items.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The company encourages individuals with a felony background to apply, focusing on qualities such as reliability, physical stamina, and a positive attitude.
- Commuter assistance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
2. Warehouse Specialist – Maersk
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
- Ensure HUB activities comply with company and governmental guidelines for CFS and CCSF status.
- Retain records for bonded (CFS) and screened (CCSF) cargo, including the CFS log.
- Oversee safe equipment operation according to company policy and local regulations.
- Direct warehouse staff for timely, efficient, and damage-free cargo handling.
- Manage Unit Load Devices breakdown/buildup and Ocean freight Container loading/unloading.
- Encourage staff development through training and quality management.
- Utilize expertise to guide and act as a liaison for internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete assigned trainings promptly.
- Collaborate with other HUBs, gateways, and stations to ensure high-level customer service.
- Demonstrate reporting skills for inventory control, supplier stock, and equipment (ULDs/containers).
- Maintain an organized floor space through cargo control, providing recommendations for improvement by managing cargo flow in and out of the HUB.
- Individuals with a felony background are encouraged to apply, with a focus on a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- 3+ years of experience in warehousing, logistics and/or distribution
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive work environment.
3. WareHouse & Facilities Assistant – Lindamood Bell
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants with criminal histories.
- Perform a wide variety of general maintenance and groundskeeping needs including keeping walkways clean, watering and pruning plants, cleaning exterior of buildings, moving furniture, and various other maintenance activities as directed.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists for facility maintenance making sure all facility areas are in compliance with Lindamood-Bell safety, organizational, and appearance standards.
- Assist with the assembly and packing of outgoing shipments, to include compiling materials, completing binders, and organizing handouts as necessary.
- Receive and process incoming shipments, to include delivery and/or notification to departments of items received.
- Interact positively and professionally with clients and staff to provide a safe and positive work environment
- Individuals with a felony background are considered, with a focus on organizational skills and a commitment to success.
- Competitive salary, opportunities for career progression, and a positive work culture.
The warehouse industry is becoming a beacon of hope for individuals seeking employment with a felony background. Explore the felony-friendly warehouse job opportunities available on Indeed to take the first step toward a brighter and more fulfilling future. Each of these positions offers a unique pathway for personal and professional growth, emphasizing the belief in second chances and the potential for success in the workforce. Visit Reecareer now to explore these opportunities and more.