Accounts Payable Specialist
Mission: Be part of FBN’s Shared Services team and help to provide exceptional customer service to our farmers, our vendors and our employees.
This position is a key member of the procure-to-pay team within shared services, and it requires a detailed understanding of accounts payable and payment processes, systems, controls and policies. For example, knowledge of invoice to purchase order matching, payment / expense processing, and vendor onboarding are very helpful. The role will help maintain the internal control environment and improve efficiencies surrounding accounts payable for FBN’s Merchandising business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process 3 way match PO invoices within AP software and NetSuite
- Record freight invoices in Grain Accounting Software
- Enter and code non-purchase order invoices appropriately based on the nature of the expenditure and the applicable project
- Monitor the accounts payable aging report to ensure unpaid invoices are paid in a timely manner while communicating with managers to ensure overdue invoices are addressed with vendor
- Communicate with vendors, purchasing and supply chain to resolve inquiries regarding invoices and payment status
- File and maintain vendor files
- Perform accounts payable reconciliation monthly
- Process employee expense reimbursement requests
- Assist in monthly credit card report submissions
- 1099 maintenance as required
- Reconcile vendor statements, and research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in the process of verifying, logging and mailing checks
- Assist in gathering and compiling data to generate monthly expense analysis and other relevant reports for accounts payable and expense reporting
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Previous accounting enterprise (ERP) system experience a strong plus
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, and reliable
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of grain merchandising industry is a strong plus
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $41,000 – $52,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.