Ag Finance Sales Rep
The Business Development Associate position is a sales role directly responsible for FBN Finance’s lead growth. This person will join our rapidly expanding FinTech offering as part of our effort to grow our lending program. You will be critical to growing FBN’s lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. We are building an innovative Farmers First® FinTech offering that will address farmers’ financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
As a BDA, you will be expected to:
- Place outbound calls to FBN Finance leads to learn about their needs and identify ways that our products and services provide benefits
- Monitor applications coming into the business.
- Facilitate/Coordinate the process on leads under $500,000.
- Work with the underwriting team and sales management to find competitive solutions for farmers while managing FBN’s risk
- Handle “hot” handoffs from the sales team, “cool” outreach to FBN members, and cold calls to target farmers
- Independently qualify leads, prioritize your sales pipeline, and conduct
research regional market characteristics
- Identify individual benefits for each farmer and tailor the sales approach to their needs
- Use systems to develop a successful pipeline and engage potential new prospects in a timely fashion
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections and showing the benefits of the FBN Finance product set.
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Identify topics of value for team learning with periodic individual presentations to the entire team as a result of your own research/experiences
- Build, foster, and manage relationships with hundreds of farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that our lending products can provide them benefits
- Partner with direct supervisors to develop sales skills and become proficient in the role
- Provide excellent customer service
- Independently collaborate with broader FBN sales team to provide the best farmer experience across FBN and to help achieve FBN business goals
- Work as part of an industry-changing inside sales force
We’re looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years sales experience
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Demonstrated aptitude for excellence in competitive environments
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $22 – $24.50 per/hr.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.