The Loan Closer position provides support to the front line sales and credit staff as it relates to FBN’s lending products. This role handles multiple loan files daily with a focus on accurate and efficient processing.
- Reviews loan approvals received from underwriting and thoroughly verifies accuracy and consistency on documents such as closing conditions, purchase agreements, title, and appraisals
- Verifies and updates details of the loan into the system to correspond with supporting documents in the file
- Ensures all fees and costs are accurately calculated and are in compliance with company policy
- Reviews and approves the loan closing instructions and coordinates with title company
- Coordinates with sales, underwriting, and Legal Department for efficient and timely loan closings
- Ensures all closing conditions are met per program requirements and assists in auditing and servicing post close.
- Prepares loan closing documents to send to the escrow company completing the closing
- Calculates and confirms loan funding requirements with closing agent
- Coordinates loan disbursements in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with various underwriting partners ensuring program parameters are met and loan remain in compliance
- Ensure departmental procedures are adhered to, escalations are addressed and quantity and quality service levels are met.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and escalations with minimal supervision.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) of departmental loan closing procedures. Recommends and drives process improvements.
- Assists manager with projects including loan portfolio reporting and loan system improvements.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years commercial loan processing/closing experience or equivalent banking experience. Experience in the real estate or agricultural industry preferred.
- Detail oriented with leadership skills and capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a deadline-driven environment; possess strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Advanced computer skills with good working knowledge of Google G-Suite and loan documentation.
- Accurate data entry/transaction processing. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Flexibility to adapt and work in a fast-paced and changing environment. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $60,000 – $70,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.