Ag Relationship Manager
This person will join our rapidly expanding Ag Finance group as part of our effort to grow our lending program. You will be critical to growing our lending business and ensuring customers have access to credit. We are building an innovative offering that will address farmers’ financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help grow an established business.
- Prepare clear and accurate loan file with long term, current, and pro forma financial analysis, financial and real estate narratives, and supporting loan file information.
- Analyze prospective loans from the standpoint of land use capability, financial stability of the applicant, as well as the various management aspects of the farm, ranch or agri-business.
- Negotiate with potential applicants as to amounts, terms and conditions of any proposed investments.
- Develop and maintain a wide network of bankers, CPAs, real estate brokers, attorneys, title companies, general insurance agencies and professional contacts in related agricultural businesses in order to lead in the expansion of the Company’s investment territory through industry networking and personal interaction. Incumbent must possess a significant amount of public interaction and public speaking skills in addition to the ability to create and maintain new business relationships through cold calling, meetings, trade shows and other industry gatherings.
- Participate, assist and support Company lending team in all group projects including loan application review, and research. In addition, duties include continuing service to existing loans in our portfolio: negotiating and completing applications for renewal and increases in mortgage loans and collecting past-due payments and participating in portfolio servicing activities as the need develops; processing building insurance matters, including loss adjustments; and making periodic calls on present borrowers. Further duties would require incumbent to keep up-to-date on technical agricultural and credit developments through memberships and participation in professional associations and the study of professional publications and periodicals.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing efforts for the Company.
We’re looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required in agribusiness, agronomy, business administration, economics, finance, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of ag banking or agricultural loan origination with top tier sales results
- Has shown the ability to grow an ag portfolio
- Ability to manage and retain a book of business
- Solid grasp of agricultural lending products and regulations
- Ability to fully underwrite ag credits
- Understanding of the financial constraints and issues facing farmers
- Knowledge of collateral including appraisal review, water rights and lien positions
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- A desire to develop and sell new products and develop creative solutions that serve the farmers’ interests
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse organization and client base
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced culture requiring strong prioritization skills, flexibility, and comfort with a quickly changing environment
- Willingness to travel
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- Strong network of farmers
- On-farm sales experience
- Experience finding credit solutions for farmers with a wide range of financial profiles
- Experience advising farmers on all financial aspects of their operations
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $76,000 – $93,000, plus bonus.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.