Website https://twitter.com/fbnfarmers Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help define and drive the growth of FBN’s Community Builder (CB) and Vet Affiliate (VA) Programs. FBN’s CB & VA program are a partnership between FBN and in-field entrepreneurs, who work with farmers in their communities and provide them with FBN services. This role will help transform our program from its early successes in both experience and growth to a scalable program that has a world class recruiting and onboarding experience.
This individual will work directly with the Global CB Program Director, FBN Direct strategy leadership, respective Country Managers, FBN Veterinary Technical Services Team other CB & VA partnership functions (e.g., Marketing), and cross-functional organizations such as IT, among others, to design and institute FBN’s CB & VA recruitment strategy. This candidate will be able to both think creatively in an organized manner to help design the ideal growth strategy and CB & VA experience, and then be the key driver of that experience by bringing on and welcoming new CBs and VAs.
- Design of ideal CB and VA business development life cycle and onboarding experience
- Work with Global CB Director, CB Marketing Manager, Livestock Technical Services Team and sales leadership to design the “CB experience” from the initial contact through mobilization phase
- Map out the new CB recruitment journey, step by step – highlighting key stage gates in the process and resulting outputs, sentiments, and internal drivers
- Work with CB Marketing Manager to develop ideal communications channels and messages, with the intention of earning the CB’s trust and excitement
- Work with Technical Services Team and Livestock Sales Leadership to recruit, sign and onboard veterinarians for the VA program
- Design and execute CB and VA growth plan
- Work with Country Manager / sales leadership to determine ideal target number of CBs by product line, geography, and by year – helping align the organization around a core set of metrics
- Work with Marketing to conduct CB and VA segmentation, identifying key buckets of CBs and VAs that FBN should target for its different offerings
- Identify specific pools of CB and VA candidates
- Build a network of Vets that are looking to partner with FBN long term in transforming veterinary medicine
- Actively manage a territory-level pipeline of potential CBs and VAs that includes their own contacts as well as the pipeline managed by in-territory Account Executives (AEs) and move CB & VA candidates through the entire business development lifecycle from initial outreach to signed contract and mobilization
- Help drive mobilization and early CB & VA execution
- Serve as a key liaison to incoming CBs & VAs, working with internal partners to introduce them into FBN and clearly communicate FBN’s strategy and mission
- Partner with stakeholders to create the ideal CB & VA onboarding experience – ensuring that communications are clear and consistent, and technology onboarding is taking place through appropriate channels
- Continue to be a resource to CBs & VAs as they’re mobilized serving as a “second set of ears” and support for CBs & VAs as they become familiar with FBN
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in agricultural business development, account management, or recruitment with significant external partner engagement
- Prior experience working with livestock or large animal veterinary practices
- Knowledge of feed, animal health products and working with beef cattle, swine and dairy operations also preferred
- Ideally, the candidate will have a network of potential CB candidates that they can target in initial stages
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally between business management, sales leadership, marketing, and in-field sales execution driving alignment and execution to goals
- Ability to be flexible and have a positive attitude; “get the job done” attitude toward making events and meetings a complete success, as well as ability to flex into different roles and functions as necessary
- Track record of being an innovator and unconventional thinker in prospecting and building relationships
- Track record of building, maintaining, and executing on detailed operational plans that are data-driven in nature and methodical in execution approach
- Comfortable using technology and able to evangelize the use of tools to CBs and VAs; including but not limited to SalesForce and related CRM applications and e-commerce store applications
- Up to 50% travel required
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $105,000 – $130,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.