The US Country Manager will have responsibility and ownership of the development and execution of the strategy for FBN Direct’s US businesses – spanning Seed, Crop Protection, Biologicals, Livestock (Animal Health and Nutrition), and future additional product categories. Main responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
Develop a high performing team
Direct reports will include National and Regional Sales leaders across each category mentioned above and category-specific subject matter expert leadership (e.g., Agronomy, Veterinary service).
- Creating an inclusive and productive culture to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Ensuring their longevity with a high caliber of additions to the team.
- Developing all team members to their full potential through active coaching and skills development programs with strong focus on digital selling process and data analytics insights.
- Setting stretching but achievable goals, coaching the team to achieve them and confronting underperformance if it occurs.
Deliver sustainable growth in the country
- Responsible for full P&L of business and both short term and long-term financial results and strategy
- Lead key operational and commercial initiatives that drive long-term growth and profitability for the company
- Meet country revenue/profit targets and OKRs, including building a network of Community Builders (affiliate sales partners) and customer acquisition and retention numbers.
- Lead cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement, Category Management, Customer Experience, etc) to launch new products/categories and to drive strategic priorities, focus and business results across multiple categories (Crop Protection, Crop Nutrition, Seed, Animal Health, Feed, etc)
- Together with Marketing create strategies and initiatives to effectively recruit and engage Community Builders and their target customers.
- Ensure excellence in sales planning, sales process, sales execution, product experience and in marketing programs design and implementation in the region.
- Report regularly on sales planning and demand forecasting to both global Direct leadership as well as company leadership.
- Apply a creative and innovative approach focused on farmers.
- Ideate and pursue internal strategic growth initiatives (e.g., digital product-led growth) that are geared towards long-term sales leverage.
Influence global leadership and partner with functional team members
- Carry the flag for FBN’s Farmers First mission as the leader of our largest business territory, embodying the company’s entrepreneurial spirit and advocacy for our farmer members
- Partner closely with (1) Direct business operational teams such as Logistics to define world class business execution and farmer service standards, and (2) cross-FBN functional support partners such as Engineering and Finance to represent the US Direct business’ priorities, driving both groups to execute towards US Direct business goals accordingly
- Leading on local execution of global projects, and testing hypotheses for global innovation with local initiatives.
- Be recognized as a thought leader, both internally and in the ecosystem.
- Represent the voice of the US organization and the voice of the customer to Executive/Global leadership teams, including members of the Board of Directors and investor groups.
- Partner with the Corporate Development team on future growth opportunities including M&A targets, product and Geo expansion and business integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus
- Equivalent of 15 years of progressive related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior P&L experience is required
- Strong leadership skills while maintaining a team atmosphere
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence people at all levels in the organization, community and with the farmer.
- Experience in growing a business and focusing on results
- Deep understanding of the US Crop Protection Chemistry and Seed markets, known within this market as a leader and highly respected.
- Ability to dig into new and emerging business categories (such as Animal Health, and equipment parts at FBN), understanding customer needs and how to build robust business solutions.
- Proven record of accomplishment in sales force excellence: designing and executing sales strategies.
- Understanding of financial statements, key drivers of revenue and costs, margin management.
- Past success in developing, coaching and motivating sales and other personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and share results and summarize data through reporting.
- Superior customer facing interactions, including ability to influence both external and internal customers.
- Desire to understand and leverage digital technology in sales and business development processes, ideally with experience doing so in the agriculture space.
- Strong selling skills and demonstrated effectiveness in value add sales and marketing.
- Problem solving skills to identify complex drivers and potential solutions.
- The successful applicant will be:
- Highly innovative with a history of delivering change in agriculture.
- Have a vision of where they are going to take the business.
- A strategic thinker with planning and execution skills
- Demonstrated clear and effective decision making.
- A believer in FBN’s mission and innovative approach to the market.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $290,000 – $312,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.