In this role you will help us scale and evolve the FBN design system—Harvest (HDS). Your day to day will include designing components and features of the system, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, testing, and shipping high-quality and impactful work aligned with our objectives and values. This role will also be responsible for the design system roadmap to evolve and support the catalog of patterns and components, toolkits, and reference materials, expand and mature the depth of design system guidelines and artifacts, and tell the story of design system’s value and utility to stakeholder audiences in Product, Technology, and Design.
You will report into the Head of Product Design, in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is a remote position with a WFH schedule and occasional in-person meetings for strategic, brainstorming, and team building meetings.
- Champion the HDS and build understanding and support for it within all relevant divisions of FBN.
- Grow and level up our design system by working with designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to align on strategy, goals, and roadmaps for HDS design and development.
- Evaluate, design, document, and ship components and design system features.
- Collaborate with product designers working across different products and contexts; give and get constructive feedback during critiques.
- Evaluate and balance the needs of design and engineering teams and the needs of the business as a whole when it comes to our design system.
- Define the Design System’s short and long-term strategy and roadmap by aligning it to the goals of the organization
- Uplevel org usage of Figma and facilitate the transition of our documentation, structure, and component tracking as we upgrade our system.
- Own the expression of the FBN brand through HDS, both visually (following brand guidelines) and conceptually.
- Socialize and communicate updates with Design, Engineering, and Product partners
- As needs evolve, hire and mentor a team of UI/UX designers who work on the HDS.
- 5+ years of experience in designing digital products and design systems
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Proven history of Figma expertise, including strong prior experience implementing (using, contributing to, and/or managing) a design system for digital products in a complex product ecosystem.
- Advanced and up-to-date knowledge of Figma and its components functionality and a working knowledge of other contemporary design and prototyping tools.
- Systems thinker who enjoys finding creative solutions to organizational, architectural, and design challenges
- Portfolio demonstrating understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy and best practices around design patterns.
- Highly-developed time-management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Experience working with front-end engineering teams and foundational knowledge of front-end development.
- Comprehensive understanding of constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android.
- Awareness of accessibility best practices and interest in advocacy for accessibility for all users within HDS.
- Experience contributing to documentation and education around design systems.
- Iterative design methodologies and the drive to gather feedback early and often.
- Experience driving design QA, testing, and experimentation.
- We value designers from diverse backgrounds and will consider candidates with different types of education and relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences and your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications.
Farmers Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $150,000 – $175,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.