This person will join our rapidly expanding FinTech offering as part of our effort to grow our lending program. You will be critical to growing FBN’s lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. We are building an innovative Farmers First® FinTech offering that will address farmers’ financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
As a member of the FBN Finance Leadership Team, the Director of Capital Markets will report to the General Manager – FBN Finance and is responsible for refining and executing on FBN Finance’s debt funding strategy. You will manage the ecosystem of the company’s funding and banking partners to deliver participation agreements, securitizations and other financing vehicles, often working through new ideas, products, and deal structures to secure the best economics for our farmers and the company. The Director of Capital Markets Director will partner across the organization – including with the legal, underwriting, sales, finance, data science, engineering, IT, strategy and operations, and risk management teams to develop and execute on these funding arrangements.
We are looking for someone with strong analytical and organizational skills, and experience working in the financial services industry. This person will:
- Lead debt capital raising efforts for FBN Finance including structuring, analyzing and executing on participations, securitizations, warehouse facilities and other funding outlets to facilitate the rapid growth of FBN Finance’s lending platform
- Develop pitch decks, manage data rooms, and develop models for transactions
- Negotiate transactions and optimize structures to meet business needs
- Supporting execution of structured transactions including securitizations and warehouse financing
- Internalize and incorporate market feedback and challenges into our forecasts and develop solutions
- Lead new investor development and support new product development
- Manage the relationships with business’s funding partners including participants, investment banks, investors, rating agencies, internal and outside counsel, and auditors
- Collaborate internally with the product, finance, treasury, credit, sales, and operations teams to provide a capital markets perspective into the business strategy and processes
- Prepare executive level presentations to guide business strategy decisioning and reporting
- Collaborate with Credit/Underwriting and other functions to manage the processes and technology infrastructure in place to support the capital markets function
- Ensure compliance with any debt covenants
- Be an integral member of the FBN Finance leadership who can contribute across the business
- Be ready to dive in. This is a startup – there is no job too big or too small. You’ll structure huge deals and be chasing down the data and details to get it done
Education and Experience:
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- 7+ years experience including 5+ years of debt capital markets transaction execution experience, preferably with fintech companies
- Strong excel and financial modeling skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. M.B.A or Masters in Finance preferred
- Experience structuring deals
- Proven problem-solving, conceptual thinking, and analytical abilities while being able to keep track of the details
- Ability to manage processes and move the organization without direct control
- Strong executive-level communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building skills to work effectively across all areas of the business and with external partners
Desired Candidate Attributes:
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Can quickly familiarize yourself with the farming / agriculture ecosystem
- Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $160,000 – $185,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.