As Director of Content at FBN you’ll be crafting content strategy, leading and supervising a team of content, editorial, multimedia and production professionals who support the core initiatives that keep FBN growing and reaching more and more farms in the US, Canada, and Australia. You’ll be supporting the Chief Marketing Officer in leading content strategy and production, editorial direction, and brand storytelling to educate and inform farmers about FBN, as well as encourage adoption of products/services by reaching farmers with these persuasive and creative stories. We’re looking for a senior content manager, creator, maker and producer who is a proven storyteller, marketer and leader with a passion for agriculture..
The Director of Content will be responsible for driving the development of engaging, smart and practical original content for farmers. The Director of Content is also the FBN “storyteller in chief,” which means you will work alongside organizational leaders and teammates to support brand storytelling efforts from start to finish. As a leader in the marketing department, you’ll work closely with the Director Product Marketing, Chief Economist, VP of Research, and Director of Communications as well as the Presidents of FBN Direct & Financial and Product Marketing Managers to develop content that drives FBN as a leading voice in agriculture and creates measurable business impact. Internally, you will partner closely with the Head of Creative Services and VP of Digital Marketing.
- Serving as Editor-in-Chief across FBN digital content channels, platforms and properties and as Managing Producer and Director of productions
- Creating and maintaining an editorial mission, vision and voice across platforms; ensuring that vacant pages are filled with purposeful content
- Developing and implementing editorial and content infrastructure, processes and strategies
- Overseeing all aspects of content planning and production; managing production relationships with partners, collaborators and agencies
- Identifying opportunities to monetize, expand, syndicate, and promote content
- Producing unique storytelling solutions and opportunities that align with organizational goals as well as improve mind share with farmers
- Serving as key stakeholder in marketing team production and creative development as well as brand standards and style
- Partnering with Director of Product MarketingHead of Commercial Marketing and Product Marketing Managers business leaders to support marketing initiatives and campaigns through storytelling and content development that drive business results
- Designing and implementing tools and systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content against operational and marketing objectives
- Supervising and managing content team staff and content production budgets
- 10+ years experience in a managing editorial role, content production role, PR or content writer role, or agency/account leadership role with a robust portfolio in agriculture to boot
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, ag journalism/communications or marketing
- Proven content creation and production experience for a variety of traditional and digital channels and platforms
- Experience developing content strategies, structures, processes and plans
- Storyteller extraordinaire who can confidently and humbly represent the brand to key audiences
- Track record of managing and supervising teams, partners/agencies, production schedules and budgets
- First class collaborative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A creator and leader who is obsessive about growing a loyal audience; hungry for insights and data that drives a story; and never satisfied with assumptions or guesswork
- Strong understanding of farming industry trends, current events, headlines and newsmakers
- Passion for farming and agriculture and extensive experience interviewing and working closely with farmer-advocates
- Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $155,000 – $185,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.