The Developer will independently perform design, develop, modify, document and deliver high‐quality programming that meets the specific business needs. Developers will perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Maintain and modify programs of considerable difficulty in a large and diverse user environment within a broad framework of standards, policies, and procedures, utilizing current techniques and methodologies.
- Lead complex projects/tasks that may involve multiple systems interactions or high risk and may require engaging multiple developers to accomplish the desired needs
- Responsible for successfully designing and delivering quality software application solutions on time and overall design of large solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for specific application(s)
- Using specialized domain expertise and coding experience, independently analyze and design unique technical specifications based on requirements of an approved solution and advise management of the best solution
- Using independent thought, knowledge and judgment of the application, develop and write code to meet business requirements for complex projects
- Perform unit tests on code to validate functionality
- Prepare necessary project documentation for one or multiple projects they are responsible and accountable for and deliver the documentation department manager.
- Provide accurate development effort estimates for new projects to the Business Systems Analysts
- Coach and advise junior level Software Developers by providing knowledge, expertise, guidance and recommendations in activities such as documentation, coding standards and existing business processes
- Take a lead role defining and implementing the user experience for new and existing applications
- Proven track record demonstrating the following competencies/skills:
- Critical thinking, distilling concepts to their essence, communicating clearly (both verbally and in writing)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to write clear and concise documents quickly
- Ability to be self-directed while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to build bridges and resolve conflict successfully
- Ability to proactively anticipate and identify issues
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere
- Foster a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position along with effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years programming experience.
- Docker and Python experience preferred, Netsuite (SuiteScript) experience a plus
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks – start to finish.
- Goal- and deadline-oriented.
- Proven testing and quality assurance experience.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
FBN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. FBN considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.