FBN has assembled the largest online network of farmers by helping them elevate their businesses to achieve sustained profitability. Since removing our paywall 18 months ago we have experienced a flood of new member sign ups and we are perpetually trying to drive engagement with and product usage from these members. This creates a large opportunity as we have not yet specifically focused on digital-driven growth.
Enter the Growth team. We are establishing a Growth function that will be unencumbered by functional roadmap commitments – instead having a sharp focus on driving key growth metrics. The role is instrumental in our company’s strategy to grow exponentially beyond the limits of paid marketing, direct sales and support.
As the first hire into the newly formed Growth function, you’ll be instrumental in building the capability for FBN, establishing digital growth approaches, developing our experimentation engine, and evolving our Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) approach. FBN’s first growth team will focus on middle-of-funnel challenges with a north-star goal of increasing in-product digital activation that primes our members for initial commercial attach.
- Lead a cross-functional team consisting of Design, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, and Engineering to help more farmers do more in our digital product.
- Collaborate on growth initiatives that touch our five product lines and span web & mobile channels.
- Establish a framework for ideating, evaluating, and managing a portfolio of growth initiatives. Manage this experimentation portfolio process to continuously implement new approaches that optimize targeted experiences.
- Deeply understand our leading (and lagging) self-service users through mixed mode qual & quant research. Using these insights, develop experiences that nudge new members towards digital activation; deliver value before money.
- While the focus of this growth team will be on middle of funnel goals, you will also look opportunistically for other areas to build trust-based growth loops that fuel ongoing engagement across the FBN experience.
- Partner with Product line teams on strategic roadmap initiatives that are explicitly tied to growth
- 8+ years total experience with 3+ years leading growth optimization teams for consumer or SMB products.
- Experience leading full-stack growth teams including PM, Design, Eng, DS, Marketing. Ability to lead & inspire diverse teams with your sleeves rolled up. You’ve probably dipped your toe in Marketing or Data Science roles in the past.
- A passion for product-centered growth with significant experience in growth experiments and lean techniques. Fluency in data analysis, expertise in product management, and solid understanding of how to design and run hypothesis-based experiments.
- Balance of quant and qual research approaches and proven ability to cut through the noise to find key insights that translate into growth bets.
- Strong project management aptitude with knack for prioritizing multiple projects, managing timelines, all while keeping teams motivated and moving forward.
- Disciple of behavioral psychology and application of habit forming experiences. Driven to build ethical, irresistible experiences.
- A will to win. Can-do attitude that is relentlessly positive with an approach that is scrappy, energetic, with tons of Grit.
- Agriculture background is not required but you must be passionate about our mission to improve the lives of farmers.
- Some prosumer or SMB experience a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications.
Farmers Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.