- Own all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating), making autonomous decisions to evaluate which user research methodology approaches work, and which don’t.
- Design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research including contextual inquiries, co-creation sessions, concept/usability tests, A|B tests, and online surveys.
- Collaborate within an integrated team of UX design and product management to use design thinking to innovate for our customers.
- Become a domain expert through daily use of prototypes, competitive, and complementary products to develop a deep product intuition to guide your research.
- Communicate research results and the impact on product design, experience strategy, and go-to-market strategy to audiences ranging from peers in Product to company executives.
- Work with our Product Operations function on the continued build out of our farmer research panel that provides participants for our qual and quant research efforts.
- In time, design, recruit and build a user experience research organization.
- Evangelize and advocate for the application of research across all phases and levels of the decision making process.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as a user researcher with 4+ years management experience.
- Experience conducting UX research (study design, execution, data analysis, and devising customer insights/recommendations) with varied research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial and iterative design process, with the skill to leverage early results to influence product design, knowing the balance between certainty of methodology and speed of execution.
- Deep experience with remote learning tools such as Usertesting.com, UsabilityHub, UserZoom or equivalent tools.
- A portfolio that illustrates how your research informs decision-making, showcasing deliverables, and your ability to derive actionable insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to own and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interest and willingness to participate in farm visits in the midwest to better engage with and understand our farmer members. No prior experience in agriculture is needed.
- The ability to tackle complex, high-level research challenges within an uncharted problem space.
- Experience in consumer products with research leading to delightful user experiences.
- Experience with behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.)
- BA/BS/MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Design, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Health Insurance
- Stock Options
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $166,000 – $190,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.