We are looking for talented, multi-skilled leaders who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The U.S. Livestock Feed Category Manager will strategically manage our fastest growing livestock category. Day to day they will set product and pricing strategy, build out our network of mills and manufacturers, and be closely aligned with the decisions of the procurement team. Being able to use data effectively to make decisions and set strategy is a core competency required to be successful in this role. As a conduit between Sales, Management, Marketing, and Procurement, it is imperative that you have very strong communication skills in order to set the correct expectations cross functionally. What’s more, this is a new business – an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to move quickly is a must. This team’s mission is to drive the Livestock Feed strategy in a way that simultaneously benefits our livestock members, and accelerates our market share growth over the next 5 years.
- Work with the Livestock Category Manager and President of FBN Direct to manage the P&L of our Livestock Feed product line.
- Develop a unique feed supplement product offering in partnership with our team of in-house Nutritionists that meets our strategic goals and adds value to producers. Set pricing and work with manufacturing partners to ensure nationwide supply availability.
- Work with internal sales and operations teams, including the Supply Chain team, to execute on high-impact projects – for example overseeing the buildout of FBN’s feed product distribution.
- Identify and execute on high leverage partnerships focused on expanding the FBN feed network and community builder sales partners.
- Monitor performance to the monthly, quarterly and annual demand plans. Measure and report actual vs. planned performance and bias overall by market segment, sales territory, product family and mix
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Sales to define the FBN member product experience and identify and track KPIs.
- Work with FBN Data Science team to conduct ad-hoc and permanent analyses on market segmentation, member profiles, and key behavior indicators.
- Lead with superior analytical skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills and see the “big picture” while still paying attention to detail
- Results driven and possesses a strong sense of personal accountability and bias for action
- Proficient at managing multiple priorities and meeting commitments
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- 7+ years of relevant business management, management consulting, business operations, or business development/partnerships experience
- Thorough understanding of Livestock Feed products and how they are used by livestock producers in the U.S.
- Strong domain experience and background in livestock production, farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Proficient in the advanced use of Excel functions and capabilities for data analysis
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Enjoy working in an innovative capacity, with appropriate flexibility and the ability to work in a more fluid and ambiguous environment
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and commitment to farmer satisfaction, including FBN’s mission
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree or Diploma
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
- Advanced experience working with Excel, Google Sheets and Tableau
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $120,000 – $140,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.