Website https://twitter.com/fbnfarmers Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
The Livestock Specialist will use a deep ruminant nutrition background and current understanding of commercial cattle production to win beef feed sales in a competitive environment. This position requires high technical competency combined with a proven approach to winning large accounts through diet formulation and optimization, service, and problem-solving, ultimately resulting in ROI improvement in FBN Members’ operations.
The Specialist will dedicate a significant portion of their time to training, mentoring, activating, and supporting the sales team to competently service and win beef feed accounts directly.
- Execute a Farmers First℠ sales process – win producer trust and loyalty through competence and ability to provide a better and differentiated holistic nutrition solution
- Define and lead the direct feed sales process to medium and large accounts, including as the primary relationship manager on a subset of accounts
- Execute your proven sales playbook for overcoming objections, and assist the sales team in developing and executing their own
- Provide technical nutrition, production, and management support to field and inside sales teams
- Oversee and support livestock sales specialists as they formulate beef and dairy diets
- Work closely with the Livestock Technical Services Team (Nutritionists and Vets) to provide whole-farm solutions to beef operators
- Contribute to the development of FBN’s feed product lines across multiple categories, species, and stages of production
- Collaborate with marketing to generate producer-facing and salesperson-facing content on our feed products and offerings
- Remain abreast of trends, practices and technology used by US farmers and ranchers
- Build relationships and influence within key trade channels including: veterinarians, nutritionists, dealers, community builders, extension and university personnel.
- Use Salesforce, NetSuite, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Contribute to broader strategic ideation and planning centered around solving the “hard problems” in livestock production; specifically how technology, data, and the power of the FBN Network can be harnessed for the benefit of livestock producers
Formal Education or Equivalent
- Masters in Ruminant Nutrition or equivalent; PhD preferred
Years of Experience
- Minimum 5, but preferred10 years of experience in the ruminant feeding industry in a technical / commercial role
- Passionate about livestock and farming; a desire to put Farmers First by solving the big, hard problems in modern livestock production
- Deep Beef industry domain knowledge and expertise. Knowledge of Dairy industry is preferred. Knowledge of Swine industry a plus
- Competency and desire to be a trainer / teacher
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to travel ~70% of the time
- Practical capabilities to observe / collect empirical evidence on-farm and turn it into actionable decisions
- Ability to quickly establish relationships of trust with producers, including over the phone
- Knowledge of animal health and veterinary protocols and products a plus
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $73,000 – $105,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.