Website https://twitter.com/fbnfarmers Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
Loan Advisor, FBN Finance
This person will join our rapidly expanding FinTech offering as part of our effort to grow our lending program. You will be critical to growing FBN’s lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. We are building an innovative Farmers First® FinTech offering that will address farmers’ financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
- Originate a variety of Ag loans including – operating loans, equipment loans, and land loans for FBN farmer members
- Execute a Farmers First® origination process: facilitate farmer trust by assisting farmers in selecting the right financing for their operation and advising farmers on key financial decisions
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the origination process while achieving productivity expectations
- Handle both “hot” handoffs from the sales team and marketing-generated leads as well as “cool” outreach to FBN members
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections and discussing financing options
- Build, foster, and manage relationships with hundreds of FBN members to learn about their operations and identify ways that our lending products can provide them benefits
- Work as part of an industry-changing inside sales force
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with loan documentation, servicing, and monitoring – you are the point person to making sure farmers’ needs are being met
- Work with the underwriting team and sales management to find competitive solutions for farmers while managing FBN’s risk
- Monitor and review Ag loan portfolio to proactively identify issues and solutions
- Work effectively in a team environment with legal, product, business teams, and other support staff
- Independently conduct research on industry and regional market characteristics and products
- Independently collaborate with broader FBN sales team to provide the best farmer experience across FBN and to help achieve FBN business goals
- Use Salesforce and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
We’re looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required in agribusiness, agronomy, business administration, economics, finance, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of Ag banking or agricultural loan origination with top tier sales results
- Solid grasp of agricultural lending products and regulations
- Understanding of the financial constraints and issues facing farmers
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- A desire to develop and sell new products and develop creative solutions that serve the farmers’ interests
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse organization and client base
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up requiring strong prioritization skills, flexibility, and comfort with a quickly changing environment
- Willingness to travel
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- Strong network of farmers
- On-farm or over-the-phone sales experience
- Experience finding credit solutions for farmers with a wide range of financial profiles
- Experience advising farmers on all financial aspects of their operations
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $68,000 – $95,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.