Role Description: As a Senior Appraiser for FBN Finance, you’ll pioneer a new program focused on building a team of internal appraisals. You’ll partner with all of our cross functional stakeholders on the loan closure team to assure we’re streamlining the appraisal process as efficiently as possible.
Our team will source deals for you and help to build a growing database of appraisal data. This database will allow you and future appraisers to leverage existing records and reduce boots on the ground time at farms.
As a Senior Agricultural Appraiser you will be expected to thoroughly and in a timely manner gather information, conduct, and finalize appraisals that adhere to Farmer Mac standards. There is an added emphasis on completing these appraisals as efficiently as possible.
Outside Work: FBN will offer the opportunity for the Senior Appraiser to continue to conduct non-FBN work as time permits. Outside work will need to be approved and prioritized according to the needs established by your manager. This work will be billed through FBN and subject to a revenue share agreement between the Senior Appraiser and FBN.
The ideal candidate for this role has a thorough understanding of the farmland appraisal process, a demonstrated, extensive track record of previous appraisals and is a motivated self-starter.
- Conduct 2-3 appraisals per week
- Develop a thorough review process for ensuring the appraisals are up to FMAC standards prior to submission to reduce turnaround time
- Work with leaders and key organizational stakeholders to define gaps and needs in the appraisals process and how FBN can work to fill them
- Thoroughly document and store all data related to appraisals in a coherent manner
- Maintain consistent and clear lines of communication with both FBN staff and FMAC partners
- A passion for helping both farmers and team members be successful.
- 10+ years experience in appraisals specific to farmland
- Certified General Appraisers License with mentorship years conducted specifically related to farmland appraisals
- Experience appraising farmland
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a fast-paced, agile, accountable environment.
- Highly independent, goal-oriented, and creative.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $150,000 – $160,000. In addition to this salary the Senior Appraiser has the potential to earn additional revenue on any outside work that is sourced and approved by their manager.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.