The DevOps Manager role will lead a technical team of software developers, solution architects, and system administrators who manage FBN’s enterprise applications and architectural activities around Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal and more. This team is responsible for solution architecture, code creation, deployment, and validation and the setup and maintenance of enterprise systems. This role is focused on both hands on leadership of the technical aspects of DevOps, using an Agile methodology, and on helping our teams develop professionally in an exciting, fast-paced, and growing company.
- Lead all aspects of DevOps operations & deployments.
- Partner with IT, Product Engineering, Data Science and business leaders to build solution roadmaps that align with FBN’s strategic goals, implement those solutions, maintain them, and provide continuous improvement of enterprise applications.
- Utilize industry standard best-practice implementation methodologies, including incorporation of new business and workflow processes.
- Manage departmental staffing needs: hiring, training, reviews / evaluations, foster skills development, etc.
- Develop, monitor, and manage metrics / KPIs as a basis for continuous improvement.
- Lead assignment and prioritization of tasks assigned to DevOps teams.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of deployment, architecture, configuration, and operations documentation.
- Standardize and continually improve application / code deployment, code management, and release management processes.
- Provide technical guidance, education, and coaching for team members on operations and related topics.
- Champion the System Development Life Cycle methodology and associated cross-functional tools to ensure adoption and continuous improvement.
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management systems.
- Review and monitor solution designs to ensure exceptional architectural practices are implemented.
- Ensure the management of code and application deployments in all environments.
- Follow and establish best practices and procedures.
- 8+ years of progressive leadership experience within IT/DevOps/Engineering or similar environment
- Expertise in one or more of the following—client architecture, web services, software architecture, server architecture and browser interfaces—with a strong command of the others
- 5+ years of active technical experience with the following:
- Enterprise-scale systems deployments and operations
- DevOps methodologies/operations
- Solid programming experience writing clean code guided by in depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts.
- RESTful APIs
- Strong Agile development background and history of building teams to work in highly agile, cross-functional environments.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical capabilities, creative problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and ability to help others solve problems.
- Experience managing remote teams.
- Ability to plan and lead team projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and appropriately with a wide range of audiences.
- Can establish priorities, work independently, and pursue objectives without supervision.
- Design proficiency as measured by extensibility and scalability.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across all segments of the organization.
- Current knowledge of latest industry trends; ability to stay current on developing trends and apply them in a meaningful manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel occasionally as depicted for meetings and or enterprise related functions.
- The successful applicant will be:
- A self-starter, who is comfortable working independently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Analytical, detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Flexible and ready to grow with a fast-paced organization.
- A problem solver and solution provider.
- Able to collaborate with a diverse employee population that operate in offices, labs, warehouses, and remote locations.
- A team-oriented leader who enjoys helping others grow professionally.
- Able to provide specific career examples of continuous improvement success.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $155,000 – $170,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.