FBN’s Sustainability business is revolutionizing sustainable agriculture by putting farmers first. Our business assists farmers implementing practices that protect and enhance soil health for generations to come and also secures preferential market access and premiums for their grains. FBN Sustainability has signed partnerships with marque buying organizations across the food, ethanol, and animal feed industries who want to promote sustainable practices in farms across the US. The regenerative practices we promote include reducing tillage, planting cover crops, spraying nitrogen with precision, and maximizing yields through optimized seed selection. Outcomes we strive to achieve are increased nitrogen efficiency, reduced carbon emissions, reduced soil runoff, enhanced water quality and water security, and improved long-term profitability.
We are looking for an Analyst to join the rapidly growing Sustainability team as we roll out several groundbreaking programs. This role will work with the FBN sustainability team to execute strategy, including the development and documentation of protocols to improve our programs and certificates. This role will work with FBN data science to analyze and create visualizations to support the sustainability business. This role will work with NGOs and other partners to develop new programs and generate reporting on sustainability programs.
- Perform data analysis and create visualizations to support needs for the Gradable sustainability business unit, including farmer facing sales, internal ESG reporting, and partner analysis.
- Work with NGOs/government organizations to influence policy and program development.
- Generate custom supply chain sustainability reports for partner organizations.
- Discover insights and create content for Gradable marketing about sustainable agriculture.
- Develop protocols for data collection, data ops, and reporting for sustainability programs and certifications.
- Work with FBN Data Science team to conduct ad-hoc and permanent analyses on regenerative agriculture data, including practices like tillage, cover cropping, soil organic carbon, livestock incorporation, and nutrient management.
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, agile, accountable environment
- Experience with data analysis and visualization of geospatial data (R/Python preferred)
- Experience making interactive dashboards for data visualization a plus (RShiny, Tableau, preferred)
- Knowledge in a relevant field, such as agronomy, regenerative agriculture, environmental modeling, life-cycle analysis, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years experience in related fields like agronomy, agri-business, conservation, or climate
- Working at the intersection of business and the environment a plus
- Demonstrated success in unstructured environments
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $75,000 – $90,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.