Our team is united by a shared mission: powering the prosperity of family farmers around the world. If you’re an insight-driven leader with an interest in our mission, we’d love to meet you.
As an organization, Farmers Business Network®is committed to data-driven decision making in everything we do. Through data and insight, we know our actions are truly addressing real world challenges in Agriculture and setting our customers, employees and stakeholders up for success. Our core capabilities in data science have been the foundation of the FBN insight engine since our founding, and in the years since, the addition of user experience research for our online platform has enabled us to enhance the customer journey. And now, FBN is seeking a Senior Manager, Global Insights and Market Research to formally add a third arm to our capability, focusing on revealing clear and compelling customer, market and competitive insights that inform our commercial strategy to attract and service our farmer customers.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Manager, Global Insights and Market Research with category experience in Agriculture to build our in-house global market research capability from the ground up, including the departmental charter, organizational design, technology investment and resourcing plans. Balancing intellection and action, this leader should possess the technical knowledge to design, manage and analyze primary market research, while also leaning on strategic prowess to partner with commercial teams to translate insights into growth strategy. This role will report into the Senior Director of Global Product Marketing.
- Develop and manage the annual Insights and Market Research resource plan, including budget, headcount and technology investment.
- Partner with functional leads in Data Science and Product to coordinate research projects, share and centrally document research outcomes and evolve the cross-functional global insight capability over time.
- Serve as key advisor and thought leader within the marketing and commercial organizations, helping to translate insights into action and measurable outcomes. ● Independently lead primary research projects to inform the strategic direction and design of new and existing commercial strategy.
- Partner with Product and Data Science to develop and nurture a holistic farmer insight panel among the FBN membership in each country that can be tapped periodically to engage in first party market research projects.
- Identify and develop opportunities to deepen the organization’s understanding of farmers and their needs through Voice of the Customer programming.
- Write quantitative and qualitative discussion guides (e.g., for surveys, online interviews) to answer strategic questions across the business.
- Field primary market research online or in-person and/or identify partnerships with third party market research firms to implement research as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to invest in syndicated market research studies as appropriate. ● Build and manage relationships with third party market research partners to ensure FBN is abreast of and included in new and emerging research opportunities.
- Analyze and connect quantitative data and qualitative data to identify key behaviors and trends.
- Synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful, actionable insights and develop strategic recommendations based on research insights.
- Create reports based on research analysis and present to key project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Conduct secondary desk research as needed to help the team understand competitive products, identify trends, and follow industry news
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of experience in customer insight, market research or marketing management; or 12 years of experience in customer insight, market research or marketing management in the absence of a degree.
- Experience planning end-to-end research strategy aligned with product planning, design, and development cycles
- Previous experience managing external research agencies or vendors
- Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence platforms
- Experience in Agriculture or Animal Health
- Advanced degree in Marketing, Cognitive Psychology, Market Research or related field ● Self-motivated, analytical individual with an attention-to-detail who thrives in a dynamic, deadline driven environment
- Expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative user research methodologies
- Strong statistical analysis skills and familiarity with statistical packages used for analysis
- Demonstrated ability to visualize and present rich research data simply and clearly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; experience presenting to executive level audiences
- Experience managing a small research department and/or mentoring and directing the work of other researchers
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $150,000 – $175,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.