Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager
As a member of the Technical Accounting team, you will partner closely with our exemplary accounting, finance, and business teams to ensure they are provided with top-notch technical accounting guidance to drive the business forward. You will be responsible for technical accounting research as it relates to critical business transactions (M&A, consolidations, VIE, etc.) and preparing white paper assessments and conclusions. You will also be assisting in determining appropriate accounting for revenue contracts. You will help in drafting the annual and quarterly financial statements and related schedules.
- Develop relationships with and provide guidance and advice to FBN’s management team and support the business decisions of the company.
- Draft appropriate documentation of accounting and reporting conclusions for complex, highly judgmental areas including business combinations, consolidations stock-based compensation, VIEs and consolidation, and debt transactions
- Assist in various month-end close procedures (stock-based compensation, purchase accounting and other technical accounting items), including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis of results, and financial reports as required.
- Actively participate in financial statement drafting sessions and come up with appropriate disclosures through industry and peer benchmarking for quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Evaluate revenue contracts for appropriate accounting under ASC 606 and assist in the overall revenue accounting process for various business streams.
- Assess and document impairment indicators and impairment analyses quarterly and on an as needed basis
- Coordinate with external auditors, manage the audit process for areas within job scope, and provide audit supporting documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Proactively identify issues and suggest process improvements to ensure FBN’s reporting is compliant with all required reporting requirements.
- Draft well written memos, position papers, financial statement disclosures and any other correspondence needed with regulatory authorities.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- 6+ years accounting experience in the Big 4 and/or public company
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with CPA certification
- Strong, knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and financial statement preparation.
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with US GAAP and other accounting standards
- Knowledge of accounting for business combinations, revenue recognition, inventory, stock-compensation, and consolidations is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) is a plus
- Team player and solid communicator; strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $92,000 – $120,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.