Website https://twitter.com/fbnfarmers Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
We are seeking solutions driven individuals to manage the daily transportation planning and operations for our rapidly growing logistics network. Working directly with our carriers, our customer experience team and our operations teams this individual will be responsible for working within our TMS to create optimized transportation plans and proactively managing the execution of those plans from carrier pick up to invoice payment at the correct rate. The right individual will have a strong sense of ownership and appropriate urgency in solving transportation issues while maintaining and building a strong sense of partnership with our carriers.
- Develop and maintain 3rd party carrier relationships.
- Perform transportation optimization within Transportation Management Systems by creating daily and weekly transportation plans and communicating those to our transportation and warehouse partners.
- Ensure daily execution of transportation plans including responsibility of timely pick up, delivery, and invoice approval at the contracted rates.
- Lead carrier meetings and communicate carrier forecasts, performance metrics, and identify and resolve root cause issues in delivery operations.
- Work with our customer experience team to answer/resolve transportation related questions on customer orders.
- Support the Farmers Business Network transportation team and company mission through ad hoc projects as needed.
- 4 year degree with a Supply Chain focus preferred.
- 3-5+ years with hands-on experience with carrier management, systematic transportation routing, owned fleet exposure, and general logistics and operations background.
- Proficient understanding of WMS/TMS/Netsuite/Geotabs systems.
- Understand transportation basics such as owned fleet, spot markets, routing guides, LTL, truckload and intermodal modes of transportation.
- Exposure to owned fleet routing and driver assignments.
- Exposure to working with both owned and 3PL fulfillment sites.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Slides).
- Passionate about building world class supply chain networks that put the customer first.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment – working with ambiguity and being hands on.
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and solution driven.
- Ability to work well within time constraints, able to effectively prioritize in a high demand environment within multiple locations.
- Must be able to travel ~10-15% of the time.
The following represents FBN’s reasonable estimate of the US national average base salary range of possible compensation for this role based on market data and placement of internal employees: $60,000 – $75,000.
This salary range may vary based on geography and variations in cost of labor. Beyond the above or adjusted to market salary range, FBN also offers all full-time employees competitive equity compensation, health and wellness benefits, and various perks.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.