FBN is seeking individuals looking to submit expression of interest for temporary/casual work at our locations around the Winnipeg, MB area. Available hours will be dependent on seasonal demands, anywhere from 5-20 hours per week, with no hours some weeks. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Breeding Assistants will assist with various tasks in warehouse, greenhouse and field settings and help facilitate the success of the canola breeding program.
The candidate must:
- be able to work with a team and independently
- be able to perform repetitive tasks with continued attention to detail
The position is on an as-needed, workload-dependant basis.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- working with seed: threshing, weighing, counting, filling envelopes
- working with plants: bagging plants, maintenance of plants
- organizing: stickering bags, sorting envelopes
- light to medium lifting may be required
- conditions may involve dust and debris
- Valid Class 5 license and own transport to site facility
- Basic computer knowledge
The Successful Applicant Will Be
- * Passionate about agriculture, farming and desire to put Farmers First®
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and solution driven
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.